- Published on Thursday, 23 February 2017 22:23
A decision by the Trump administration to rescind protections for transgender students has hit home with San Antonio LGBT activists who are ready to take to the streets to protest the decision.
- Published on Wednesday, 28 September 2016 01:22
- Published on Monday, 01 February 2016 14:45
The Stonewall Democrats elected a new officer and serveral new members of the Board of Directors during the January 2016 Membership Meeting. Effective February 1st, those additions are:
- Chris Forbrich, Treasruer
- Ruby Krebs, Director at Large
- Dee Villarrubia, Director at Large
Thank you to outgoing Treasurer Kevin Voelker & outgoing Secretary Jeanie Minor for their many years od dedicated service!
- Published on Tuesday, 14 July 2015 14:35
A few months ago, Indiana governor Mike Pence signed the controversial Religious Freedom Restoration Act. People in support of the act, which allows individuals and businesses to cite religious beliefs as a defense when sued by private parties, argued that it would strengthen people’s ability to exercise their religious beliefs. However, it was clear to opponents of the legislation that passing the act would lead to discrimination against LGBT people.